These much ignored pieces of rural and urban furniture finally have a website of their own.
This is not the site to visit for technical information pertaining to telegraph poles. You'll find nothing about 10KVa transformers, digital telephone networking or even so much as a single volt.
This is a website celebrating the glorious everyday mundanitude of these simple silent sentinels the world over.
|from the simple...||through the interesting...||to the hieroglyphics||and the alluring|
|click the thumbnails above to view the gallerys.||more poles...|
We don't care what the wires contain either. They all carry electricity in some way be it the sparky stuff which boils your kettle, or the thinner stuff with your voice in it when you're on the phone.
Granted it may not still be Christmas by the time you're looking at this. But getting all the photography stuff out again to take a spring or summer-themed photograph is asking a bit much. Especially when me and Mrs Telegraph Pole fell out over the taking of this one. Anyway, declare loudly to the world down at the building site/office/church coffee morning your love of telegraph poles with one of these all-new Telegraph Pole Appreciation Society Mugs. £8.99 all in, incl postage and all the stuff listed below...
The specification of these ultra-high quality mugs is breathtaking*1
- Hold exactly 1.00 mugs worth of tea/beverage of your choice.
- Empty bit in the middle to hold said tea/beverage of your choice.
- Handle on side.
- Telegraph pole image on one side.
- Telegraph pole image on the other side too (not shown here).
- The words WWW.TELEGRAPHPOLEAPPRECIATIONSOCIETY.ORG printed in lovely Technicolor (TM) to remind you where to go to order another one.
Also Included, absolutely FREE
- High-tensile cardboard posting box - yours to keep, forever. Built to withstand the weight of an Austin Allegro.
- A warm glow of satisfaction of money well spent.
Unlike some other appreciation society mugs, ours comes with free postage. Unless you live in America, in which case, you'd bankrupt us so please contact us first for postage to the USA. Or indeed anywhere outside the UK.
*1 If you at all suffer with Asthma